The first message

This forum is for everybody, who connected with Zelenogorsk/Terijoki in any way - live, visit or simply interested in
abravo

The first message

Сообщение abravo »

It seems it works :)
ray

RE: The first message

Сообщение ray »

You're right, it seems to work just fine. You're doing a good job there, now we need to see some pictures of the people in the town. Otherwise it looks like a completely empty city.
abravo

Сообщение abravo »

These pictures are on the way, we'll populate our town in a week :) Our mayor gave us some pictures, we'll scan them and publish as soon as possible.
Ray, but better to visit us :)
Maria Mihailova

Сообщение Maria Mihailova »

Hello! My name is Masha and I spent most of the summers of my life in Zelenogorsk. (My Russian font is not working, so I'm writing in English)... I'm wondering who you guys are who made this site. I've looked over everything and I'm so excited it exists. I was born in Leningrad and love it very much, but Zelenogorsk is my favorite place in the world (I live in the USA now). I was there last summer (2000) and am coming back this summer... I have some GREAT pictures, but I have no access to a scanner and don't know how to use it... maybe some day I'll learn and send them.
thanks for making the page - my mom and I read all of it and we were really happy to see so much information!
Bye!
бМЕЛУБОДТ вТБЧП

Сообщение бМЕЛУБОДТ вТБЧП »

Hello Masha.I am one of those guys who made this site.I and my brother live in Zelenogorsk almost all ours life and we simply decided to present our town in internet. We are very glad that you liked it. If you will be here this summer, we can meet you, just write me an e-mail and I'll explain how to find me. May be in this case you can bring some of your photos which can be scanned here and placed to the site.
The question - you have no russian fonts at all and you can see only english version of the site ? If so, this is bad, because russian version has much more materials and updated frequently. In principle you can try to use internet pages translator, for example: http://babelfish.altavista.com/ to translate russian pages to english.
Bye,
Sasha Bravo
Maria Mihailova

Сообщение Maria Mihailova »

Hi

That's a good idea... I'll try to keep in touch with you. I have a computer at home but don't have access to the internet, because I get it for free at my university, so I only check my email here, at my school. That's why usually I don't have much time to find out more about translators,etc. Thanks for your suggestion. If I could, I'd dedicate a site to Zelenogorsk too, but unfortunately I'm not educated enough on the internet... The photos you have of the celebration last July made me laugh, because my camera was broken on that day and I went to the park with a friend's video camera and taped it, but couldn't take any pictures... I was really sad to miss the 450 year anniversary in 1998. When Zelenogorsk celebrates 500 years, I'll be pretty old, but hopefully I'll still be able to go!

my email is mihailom@seattleu.edu
Thanks again!
Bye
Masha M.
Michael Bravo

Сообщение Michael Bravo »

Hello Masha,

if you have anything you'd like to put on a site about Zelenogorsk but can't because you don't have the capabilities, just send it to us, we'll happily put it here, properly attributed to you, of course. Also, I'm sure somewhere in your university there is a lab, where you can scan your photos. Just ask around.
mike

Сообщение mike »

zdrastvyite..mixail...y meny est odin vopros k fotografy marine pimenovoy...vi ne znaete kak mne c ney cvyzatsy?... aa esle ne to esli ne tryddno..srocite y nee odin vopros ne ychilas li ona v 304 shkole na ylise chernyxovckogo?..zaranee blagodaren
Alexandr Bravo

Сообщение Alexandr Bravo »

I'll try to connect with Marina and ask about how to get in contact with her and about the school. Are you able to phone to St.-Petersburg (if I'll know her local phone number) ?
Me

Сообщение Me »

Notes:
I'll try to contact Maria and ask her about how to get in touch with her to find out about the school she went to. Are you able to call to St. Petersburg? (Yeah, I wish I knew her local number as well. But how could I possibly? :) let me know how it goes...)

Regards,

Me
SniperHacker

Сообщение SniperHacker »

Joking... lol, never mind me... :)
Pat Soininen Hughey

Сообщение Pat Soininen Hughey »

Alexandr: You e-mailed me about 7 to 10 days ago about helping me to find information on my grandparents (Pekka Wilho Soininen and Helmi Pirkola Soininen) who immigrated to the United States in 1903 and 1904 from Terijoki. Just today I learned that my grandmother's mother's name was Margreta Heino, and that she married Matti Pirkola. From that marriage my grandmother was born. I have heard that the name "Heino" is a very old Finnish name. You were going to see if the Lutheran minister could assist me in locating information about my family by speaking with some of the older residents of Jarvenpaa. I do not expect you to have found out anything yet, but I simply wanted to share with you this new information. There is something very special about feeling connected to Terijoki/Zerlenogorsk and any family roots that may be there.

Mozhet bwit, kogda y menya russki program dlya moya computer, ya bydoo pisat bam pa rysski. Do svedanya! Pat Soininen Hughey
Todd Boyer

Сообщение Todd Boyer »

What a cool site. We have been to Zelenogorsk for the past three summers and will not be able to make it this year as to the cost of coming each year although our daughter will be coming again this summer with a cultrual exchange group to one of the summer camps.

This is a great site and the pictures make us want to be there again this year. I can see we have not been around much in the area of Zelenogorsk but maybe next year. We have met many very nice people on our trips. You have a very beautiful country and you have much to be proud of.

Keep up the excellent work you are doing with this site as we have much more to learn before our next trip wehich will be God willing next summer.
Alexandr Bravo

Сообщение Alexandr Bravo »

Todd, thanks a lot for the warm words. If you or your daughter will need any help, please write me to my e-mail address and I and my friends will do everything we can. We like our town and it's a pleasure for us
to show it to our guests.
ilya brukson

Сообщение ilya brukson »

Hi ,
I 'd just like to congratulate you guys for this site .For me it's very emotional
because some years ago I had spent many summers in Zelenogorsk.
Never would imagine to be able to see it again with huge compliment
of pictures and fabulous historic material .Way to go guys.
This the way to bring this region to the world .
I thought I knew everything about that region but in fact I knew nothing.

Very interesting .

Thank you again for all work invested in this site.
Ответить